Wallowas Peak-A-Boo: 8/12/17

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Born2BBrad

Re: Wallowas Peak-A-Boo: 8/12/17

Post by Born2BBrad » August 17th, 2017, 7:06 am

drm wrote:
justpeachy wrote:
Born2BBrad wrote:I hiked 140 miles between July 1 and August 12 and lost nary a pound. What's your secret?
For me it's what you eat after the hike. The traditional super duper bacon burger with fries nullifies any weight loss. Have a salad (okay, with bleu cheese dressing) instead. I also find that overnighters make a bigger difference. Not sure if that's because of what I eat (or don't eat) or because it means consecutive days of hiking.
Salads are a key, as well as lots of fruits and vegggies. Anything that fills the stomach with something other than chips, ice cream, burgers and fried food. Resisting temptation can be tough.

Exercise every day, not just on weekends. Make time for it, even if you have to get up early. My advantage is my own private trail system on my property and the FS land nearby. Still, city sidewalks are good enough.
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports

retired jerry

Re: Wallowas Peak-A-Boo: 8/12/17

Post by retired jerry » August 17th, 2017, 7:55 am

I usually lose a few pounds after a few nights, but gain it all back after a couple days back home

I eat less when backpacking, because I don't like to carry extra weight.

I think the few pounds I lose is just food in transit through my digestive system. Since I eat less, there's less food in transit.

And maybe water depending on the trip.