From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
Welcome to the Oregon Hikers Field Guide -- a guide for hiking in Oregon and Southern Washington. This guide is written and maintained by hikers from the Oregon Hikers forum, and is a place to learn about great hikes and destinations our beautiful region from the people who know the area best!
Use our search engine, categories, or alphabetical index to learn about popular summits, waterfalls and lakes in our area, and also a bunch of lesser-known trails!
Explore the Field Guide
- Find a Hike
- By difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Difficult
- By type: Family Hikes, Backpackable, Snowshoe Hikes, Off the beaten track, Scrambles
- By environment: Lakes, Wildflowers, Waterfalls, Alpine, Great views
- Find places and things:
- Mountains: Viewpoints, Expansive Views, 360 degree panoramas
- Other environments: Waterfalls, Lakes, Hot Springs, Geologic Features, Wildlife Refuges
- Other stuff: Historic Sites, Campsites, Lookout towers, Shelters,
- About Hiking - General information about hiking
- Beginner Hikes - This is a list of hikes specifically for novice hikers
- Must See Hikes - A list for experienced hikers visiting or new to the area
- Winter and Spring Backpacking - Some places you can go in winter and spring
- Public Transportation - Public transportation to trailheads is limited but there's a little
- Area Hiking Clubs
Explore by Area
We're always looking for dedicated people to help with this effort! Do you have photos or descriptions you'd be willing to share? We need everything from photos of trailhead signs to full hike descriptions. (Click here for a list of immediate photo needs! Credit will be given if requested) As you look at Field Guide pages, let us know if you have information that can help embellish the existing descriptions, or if you'd be willing to help us work on areas we have no coverage for. For more information on how to help, click on the "Get Involved" tab near the top of every page.