Trail 779, 600, 798 bees, butterflies, marmots ,deer 8/11

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
retired jerry

Re: Trail 779, 600, 798 bees, butterflies, marmots ,deer 8/

Post by retired jerry » September 22nd, 2017, 12:01 pm

I didn't do it :)

What I meant to say originally was I like all posts. Anyone that goes out and appreciates the wilderness is a good thing. And they're welcome to post about it here. At least that's my opinion.

mtnhiker56

Post by mtnhiker56 » September 22nd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Well, I have to say I lmfao when I read the post...and given the grim news recently from the gorge...I needed it! Wish it were back up! Please repost...and don't worry Jerry...

Peabody

Post by Peabody » September 22nd, 2017, 6:30 pm

Please repost.
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

pablo

Post by pablo » September 22nd, 2017, 6:35 pm

Peabody wrote:Please repost.
Here you go!
Great hike!
This was pretty fantastic, even considering the 5 or so hours exposed on the hill. The experience was fascinating and unforgettable. The locals were out getting ready for the weather to change I'd guess.
Watch close for webs, there are some big ones with large builders, I move one strand off the trail to a bush or tree and the occupant and hunter is ok. I talk to them and chipmunks and squirrels, they seems to like it. On the way back a flying squirrel was throwing a fit, back ad forth around the tree then talk at me. Then coincidently no kidding just ahead was an large orb weaver right in the trail. As if a warning, hey don't run into the orb. . . .
Lupine and flowers and real indigenous bees! Also some grunting and hissing but didn't see those.
Across the 600 very nice btw, then up the 798, a deer, doe up about, 6500 ft maybe , licking, the glacier, then hoofed up a spot under a large rock to rest, never seen one up here,there. Very cool though! 7000 ish saw a marmot! Not as big as the one at the end of last fall but good size, they move quick for belly slapping the rocks and ground, nice! About 9000 ft there was thousands of monarchs flying all around me, and over by illumination there was for a minute atleast a hundred ravens flying together. Lots of boulders over there too. Went to about 9400 according to gizmo , later, it said only 9310. But still awesome!!
One of the best ever.
On the way back I didn't give a chipmunk organic peanuts, where he or she wasn't actually eating them from my fingers. Wow!
Also wow, when you get to that tree on the westish, side of 798 on the way down, the one that has a built in seat, it's the first shade! Wow! Always welcome, even in the hazy heat.
Back down down, it's like 8 plus back down. Very nice, water concern, got some again at first water crossing near Lake outlet.
And back.
Gizmo claims 6674 eg at 8:45hrs. And 11:45hrs total time.
I've been up in that area before , oh did I mention the avalanche!s, wow.
Across form the steel cliffs, seems like about 9500 so gadget could be close. Was trying for 7000, maybe next time. I think I will be able to complete this hike someday....
Always fun, always a challenge!
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Guy

Post by Guy » September 22nd, 2017, 6:55 pm

Personally I was sorry to see things go south with AaniishEpiichaak. Now that he (or she) has essentially deleted all their posts I'm guessing he or she is done with us! Both the ribbing / teasing of his difficult to understand posts and then his confrontational and agressive replies to those who were making fun if him. Both were wrong IMHO.

Did anyone who complained or made fun of his posts consider that he was writing in his native language and running it through Google Translator. Or that was simply the best he could do?
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » September 22nd, 2017, 8:58 pm

Guy wrote:Did anyone who complained or made fun of his posts consider that he was writing in his native language and running it through Google Translator. Or that was simply the best he could do?
Line breaks are not language-specific. Besides, I don't think that was the issue.

Guy

Post by Guy » September 22nd, 2017, 9:15 pm

adamschneider wrote: Line breaks are not language-specific. Besides, I don't think that was the issue.
Well actually they are Adam at least I know they are in Japanese as compared to English and I'm sure that's not the only language.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors