A waterfall or two

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Sore Feet

Re: .

Post by Sore Feet » April 13th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Sean Thomas wrote:I'm a pretty sensitive guy, so when someone I respect says they believe I cheated at something, it hurts to a degree.
I really didn't mean it to be a mean or malicious comment, I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk. It was just supposed to be good natured ribbing - lesson learned here is never assume that someone else can pick up on humor or sarcasm on the internet I suppose (those who have met me know I tend to be a bit of a smartass at times). I truly am impressed by your outings, covering this much ground in a day is an incredible feat. I've never come even remotely close to seeing that many waterfalls in one go, even if I included seasonal stuff, so "cheating" or not, you've got my absolute respect.

RobinB

Re: A waterfall or two

Post by RobinB » April 13th, 2017, 8:20 pm

Nicely done, Sean! One of the (many!) things I love about your posts is that your adventures are always so... yours: things that I never would have thought of, but that make perfect sense all the same :) Keep crushing it!

Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas » April 13th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Sore Feet wrote:
Sean Thomas wrote:I'm a pretty sensitive guy, so when someone I respect says they believe I cheated at something, it hurts to a degree.
I really didn't mean it to be a mean or malicious comment, I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk. It was just supposed to be good natured ribbing - lesson learned here is never assume that someone else can pick up on humor or sarcasm on the internet I suppose (those who have met me know I tend to be a bit of a smartass at times). I truly am impressed by your outings, covering this much ground in a day is an incredible feat. I've never come even remotely close to seeing that many waterfalls in one go, even if I included seasonal stuff, so "cheating" or not, you've got my absolute respect.

No need to apologize Bryan, I made a mistake and at this point I'm really just pretty embarrassed about it all. I do idolize and respect many of you a great deal, and I really admire the work you've put in and your pursuits of something you obviously care(and know) a great deal about. This is a good learning experience for me, and next time(Pablo said he's coming with me!) it will just be that much more fun :)

Peder

Post by Peder » April 14th, 2017, 5:30 am

Eric Peterson wrote:Damnit, I missed it too! Had to hear from Mayhem that Seans TR went all Geostyler dotted! :(
I missed the dot drama too! Great effort and those drive-thru water falls count as well!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

acorn woodpecker

Post by acorn woodpecker » April 14th, 2017, 6:35 pm

bobcat wrote:
Sean Thomas wrote:But when some 150-200 people read what you've written and the only response is the guy who says, "pretty impressive, BUT",
I was one of those 150-200 people. I didn't post a reply simply due to my own lack of imagination: all I could think of was something boringly predictable.
At the risk of being boringly predictable, what an awesome accomplishment! Always love your reports. However, I'm more of the wallflower type on discussion boards (and in the "real" world) so tend not to comment much (hence the sub-200 posts in over four years plus years of lurking prior). I still read nearly everything that's posted. Especially if it's a Sean Thomas TR!

UTurn

Re: A waterfall or two

Post by UTurn » April 14th, 2017, 8:15 pm

RobinB wrote:Nicely done, Sean! One of the (many!) things I love about your posts is that your adventures are always so... yours: things that I never would have thought of, but that make perfect sense all the same :) Keep crushing it!
I need to agree with this. You know I always love your trip reports but I think what makes them so special is the thought that goes into them and the drive or meaning behind them. In your opening post you talk about it being 2 years since your father died and, no doubt, this was a very personal journey.

you always inspire me, Sean.