Abiqua Falls 5/9/15

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Granola22

Abiqua Falls 5/9/15

Post by Granola22 » July 23rd, 2015, 8:06 am

The gravel road getting to the trailhead is no joke for someone with a sedan/family car. The road turns to BIG crumbles with really deep ruts in the road as well.

Here's where my Mini had to stop because of road conditions and I had to get out and walk. About one mile from the trailhead. Not bad of a walk if you're into hiking and all ;)

At this junction just a few feet onto the trail, stay left.

It's pretty steep getting down to the creek. Rope assistance is really suggested.

Cool little cave to come across. Bet this would look awesome with fall foliage

And you go around this final bend to your reward

Heading back, this is one big log in your way. There were flies galore hanging out under this.

Showing the steepest hill you need to get back up. Bringing your own rope is really recommended. I wouldn't trust my life with what others have left behind.

Last section back up!

As I'm walking back to my car I come across another trail from the road and decide to follow it

I come across the biggest clovers I've ever seen in my life

This trail ended up leading to a cool spot!

Ended up on top of Abiqua falls :)

Definitely wouldn't trust that rope!

There's a whole nother beautiful scenery up here

Of course though, this was NOT an easy spot to get to! It was way steeper than getting to the bottom of the falls

This is a straight up and down wall. A wet slipper wall at that. Expect to get your hands dirty. And again, bring your own rope..