Grasshopper Meadow, Blair Lake Trail & Mt June.

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kaltbluter

Re: Grasshopper Meadow, Blair Lake Trail & Mt June.

Post by kaltbluter » July 4th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Mount June:
-Hardly any flowers left.
-Slightly annoying mosquitoes in the forest, none on summit.

Some quality of this photo makes me feel like I'm looking at a miniature landscape.

Peder

Post by Peder » July 4th, 2015, 10:42 pm

These are just fantastic pictures; thank you for sharing! :D
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

greenjello85

Post by greenjello85 » July 5th, 2015, 4:18 pm

These are some of the best trip report photos I've ever seen. They are stunning without appearing overly manipulated. The hummingbird in flight is incredible!

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » July 5th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Nice! You got some fabulous butterfly shots! :D

Did you do all this in one day?

kaltbluter

Post by kaltbluter » July 5th, 2015, 8:25 pm

greenjello85 wrote:These are some of the best trip report photos I've ever seen. They are stunning without appearing overly manipulated. The hummingbird in flight is incredible!
Thanks, the only picture I really messed with was the back of the tiger lily. I liked the way it looked with the details enhanced a ridiculous amount.

That humming bird came by while I was recording the bird songs. There was only time for two quick pictures before it was gone again. I was glad one of them turned out.

The last few days I've noticed a humming bird stopping by my back yard each night around 6 or 7. Tonight I decided to make myself a cold drink and sit back there with a camera and a book to read. I only had to wait about thirty minutes before he showed up.

justpeachy wrote:Nice! You got some fabulous butterfly shots! :D

Did you do all this in one day?
Two days, but they could all easily be done in one day. Heck, throw in Tire Mountain too. It's on the way.

I went up Mount June Friday night thinking that I could get some cool shots of the full moon rising through the smoke from the bunker hill fire near Diamond Peak.

I did Grasshopper and Blair on Saturday morning. They are very close together if you're a crow but about thirty miles of forest roads lie between them for us ground dwellers.

The moon rise started out okay:

I was expecting it to show though better than this:

And then it turned into this and I wasn't all that interested in where things were going.

And it didn't help that wind was getting a bit viscous and it was rattling my tripod all over the place.

I did get to see a bunch of creepy 3-4 inch millipedes on the trail on my way out.

After I got to lower elevation there wasn't any wind and I stopped to take a photo of the Venus/Jupiter thing. I didn't even notice Jupiter's moons until I looked the the pictures on the computer.

While I was at it I pointed the camera at the Moon too.

miah66

Post by miah66 » July 6th, 2015, 12:29 pm

WOWOWOWOOWOW

:shock: :D :mrgreen:
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider