Seven Mile Hill - 4/25/09

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
ThePortlandeer

Re: Seven Mile Hill - 4/25/09

Post by ThePortlandeer » April 29th, 2016, 9:44 am

For this area, trade in your hiking boots for biking shoes...
Attachments
7MH.jpg

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » April 29th, 2016, 4:36 pm

kepPNW wrote:I haven't found any maps I'd consider reliable for the public/private determination up there. Lots of variation. I think I strayed off public land, both in the NW corner and southern edge of my rambles, but it's nearly impossible to tell without a good land management layer.
Does your search include the Wasco County Interactive Web Map? Despite the disclaimer this would seem to be as close to authoritative as one can publicly find.
sevenmile hill parcel.png

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » April 30th, 2016, 5:54 am

Webfoot wrote:
kepPNW wrote:I haven't found any maps I'd consider reliable for the public/private determination up there. Lots of variation. I think I strayed off public land, both in the NW corner and southern edge of my rambles, but it's nearly impossible to tell without a good land management layer.
Does your search include the Wasco County Interactive Web Map? Despite the disclaimer this would seem to be as close to authoritative as one can publicly find.
Nice! No, I hadn't looked there. And I agree, they certainly ought to be authoritative on ownership. There's much more federal land up there than I realized! Zooming way in with the imagery base, it also shows that both parking areas, and the "No Trespassing!" barrels, are on a parcel owned by Wasco County. Gotta love the intergovernmental cooperation there, huh? :?
On the upside, this establishes (well enough for me!) that the entire route over to McCall Point is on federally owned land! That's wonderful to see, thanks! :D
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » April 30th, 2016, 8:18 am

You're welcome. :D