Yosemite High Sierras 13/22-Jul-2013

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
rainrunner

Re: Yosemite High Sierras 13/22-Jul-2013

Post by rainrunner » July 25th, 2013, 4:20 pm

If you backpack in the high country of Yosemite don't forget about the wilderness permits.

Yosemite Wilderness Permit Reservations

Please plan your trip before you make a reservation. It is your responsibility to research trails and trail conditions to decide which trip is right for you and your group. Park rangers will not plan your trip for you.

To make a reservation, you will need to know the name the permit will be under, mailing address, daytime telephone number, number of people, number of stock (horses, mules, llamas), start and end dates, beginning and ending trailheads, principal destination (to help clarify trailhead), method of payment ($5 plus $5/person): credit card, check, or money order.

Reservations are available up to 24 weeks (168 days) in advance when the wilderness permit reservation office is open (late November through September).
The mountains are calling and I must go.
John Muir

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » July 25th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Wow! Great report and especially your photos. What a great way to do a multi-day trip - I like the part about having someone else do the cooking, too. :D

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

raftingdog

Post by raftingdog » July 25th, 2013, 6:34 pm

darn .... your great pics... make me want to get back to High Sierra.... pics capture those skies....at age 67 don't know if altitude would rob me of energy...at age 40..I could adjust...... I have heard in Sept night temps drop well below freezing....no place matches Sierras Range of Light

Roy

Post by Roy » July 26th, 2013, 12:12 pm

One of the most interesting and visually stunning trs I have seen. What a nice trip for you two and I say your wife has earned the right to a good meal and a bed made up for her living with spinal issues ;)

I'm always amazed flying over Yosemite its striking from 30,000 ft that tells how vast that area is.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

mayhem

Post by mayhem » July 30th, 2013, 4:25 pm

VanMarmot, Bammmola!! to the coolest husband-ola!!

I had no idea about this kind of hiking.
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!