Hello, hiking PCT . Start at Eagle creek. Looking for ride From Portland (near airport) to Eagle creek trail head .

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Magicbus

Hello, hiking PCT . Start at Eagle creek. Looking for ride From Portland (near airport) to Eagle creek trail head .

Post by Magicbus » July 7th, 2023, 2:53 am

Hello, I plan on hiking the state of Oregon via the Pacific crest Trail. i’d like to start at the Eagle Creek trail head join up with a PCT.
I’m looking for a ride from Portland Oregon near the airport to the Eagle Creek trail head.
I fly in on September 5 looking for a ride early morning September 6.
Looking for a friendly paid ride or a for shuttle service.
George

retired jerry

Re: Hello, hiking PCT . Start at Eagle creek. Looking for ride From Portland (near airport) to Eagle creek trail head .

Post by retired jerry » July 7th, 2023, 5:06 am

https://www.ridecatbus.org/columbia-gorge-express/

that goes from the Gateway Transit Center to Hood River. There's a stop at Cascade Locks, which is a couple miles from Eagle Creek, there's a trail

you can get from PDX to the Gateway Transit Center on MAX, the metro light rail

there's always uber or lyft

maybe someone will read this and be able to give you a ride which would be more convenient

teachpdx

Re: Hello, hiking PCT . Start at Eagle creek. Looking for ride From Portland (near airport) to Eagle creek trail head .

Post by teachpdx » July 7th, 2023, 9:39 pm

Just a heads up if you do go the public transit route… the MAX is out of service between PDX and Gateway until mid-October, plan an extra 15 mins or so to do the shuttle bus thing.
But it might be just as easy to get a Lyft to Gateway from wherever you are staying the night you arrive.
instagram: @remyodyssey

Magicbus

Post by Magicbus » July 8th, 2023, 12:24 pm

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
We need others .
Looking forward to exploring Oregon.
George