Still Creek Trail NO.780

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
cidermaster

Still Creek Trail NO.780

Post by cidermaster » June 24th, 2008, 1:43 pm

It doesn't go up the steep side of a mountain, lead you to a post card perfect waterfall, or require any special skills to complete, but the Still Creek Trail is a nice find on the west side of Mt. Hood. The trail extends from Camp Creek Campground, to Still Creek Road. It stays fairly level throughout, and winds through dense forest, ending at a nice picnic spot at the trail's namesake. The trail, which we enjoyed over the last two gorgeous days, was entirely ours. Once you walk far enough to escape the sounds of Camp Creek, you are blessed with deep forest silence, until you start to hear the thundering sounds of Still Creek. All along the trail, wild Rhododendron can be seen, as well as small seasonal streams, and lush fields of ferns. There several other trails adjacent to the Still Creek Trail such as the Flag Mountain trail, and Cool Creek Trail. Parking for the trail head can be found at Camp Creek Campground.
Attachments
Still Creek 3.jpg
Still Creek 2.jpg
Still Creek 1.jpg

Splintercat

Re: Still Creek Trail NO.780

Post by Splintercat » June 24th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Hey, Cidermaster - that was the site of our Trailkeepers training a couple of weeks ago! Some modest drainage repairs between Camp Creek and the first road. I'm planning to head back and take some photos of Camp Creek soon. It was looking very nice when we were there.

Tom

cidermaster

Re: Still Creek Trail NO.780

Post by cidermaster » June 25th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I know when we were there, a crew was working on parts of the trail. I don't know if they fixed the problems you found, but hopefully they did. We walked down Still Creek road to the Cool Creek Trailhead, but then decided another 5 miles up may be a little rough!