Angry Mountain Trail

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
keithcomess

Angry Mountain Trail

Post by keithcomess » April 25th, 2021, 10:36 am

The Angry Mountain Trail (in the Goat Rocks Wilderness) was abandoned but the Washington Trails Association worked on it for several years and declared it "open and clear" in September, 2019. I haven't seen any trip reports since that time. Any news on this trail?

Don Nelsen

Re: Angry Mountain Trail

Post by Don Nelsen » April 25th, 2021, 10:58 am

keithcomess wrote:
April 25th, 2021, 10:36 am
The Angry Mountain Trail (in the Goat Rocks Wilderness) was abandoned but the Washington Trails Association worked on it for several years and declared it "open and clear" in September, 2019. I haven't seen any trip reports since that time. Any news on this trail?
Here's my TR from last year. My photo hosting site has disappeared so no pics. I'll work on putting a few back up.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29146&view=unread#unread

The bottom line is: The trail itself if great but there are more trees that have fallen since the trail was cleared. Maybe even more now, since the big windstorm last September. Still a great hike.
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

keithcomess

Post by keithcomess » April 25th, 2021, 11:37 am

Don,

Thanks for that! I tried the search function here and it came back with no results. If you re-post more pictures, that would be much appreciated. It looks like a really nice hike. I am planning a multi-day backpack into the area. My original plan was to follow the Lilly Basin trail to Heart Lake and continue from there. Angry Mountain looks like a much nicer and less traveled alternative.

Keith

drm

Post by drm » April 26th, 2021, 12:00 pm

You could include the Coyote Trail (#79) and Lost Lake. I did the 78/79/81 loop last year out of Packwood Lake, and that look is in good shape and does not see a lot of people - once you are away from Packwood Lake that is. There are camps just below Packwood Saddle.

keithcomess

Post by keithcomess » April 27th, 2021, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the alternate suggestion, drm!