ramona falls trailhead July 2020

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
retired jerry

Re: ramona falls trailhead July 2020

Post by retired jerry » July 30th, 2020, 8:05 am

yeah, that's annoying too

or people going slowly and not letting people pass them :)

xrp

Post by xrp » August 4th, 2020, 3:54 pm

retired jerry wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 7:20 pm
You're probably right

Wont get covid from a hiker - you really need a longer exposure than a brief passing

Or from dog - but they really dont know for sure
It's not worth the risk. You should have stayed at home.

It's possible you have the Covids right now and are asymptomatic. Justpeachy's locked post on Covid-19 is still there. Stay Safe. Stay Home. You probably killed a few dozen people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... _in_Oregon

xrp

Post by xrp » August 4th, 2020, 3:57 pm

squidvicious wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 10:48 am
Now I'm nearly done, ready to be out of the people, when I see a group of three backpackers ahead. They're in a wide section of trail, and they seemed to be stopped and talking, so I pull my mask up and keep going, expecting no problem to pass. Then one of them starts up the trail. Hmm, a bit strange, since they were in a good place to pass and now we're going to meet in a narrow spot, but I start looking around if there's anywhere for either of us to step off--then look up and realize he's actually picked up speed. He was a really big guy (ie muscle, not fat), sticking smack in the middle of the trail, not twisting away at all, and he's got this nasty smirk on his face. He was clearly intentionally coming at me. I know he made some contact but honestly it was so fast and bizarre that I don't remember exactly. I was just, "WTF was THAT about?"

It wasn't until a couple hours later that I started thinking how I had a mask on, he did not, and remembering that weird nasty smirk that I started thinking, I bet that's what it was. Teach the pansy liberal a lesson or something.
You have two weeks from the date of contact. Two weeks.

You have no chance to survive make your time.