Thru hiker says Hello!!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Punsazt

Thru hiker says Hello!!

Post by Punsazt » June 20th, 2020, 12:50 pm

What’s up guys - I’m Puns.

AZT class fo 2019 Nobo, Avid backpacker, thru hiker technically but section hiker heartedly. Moved to Portland from Virginia Beach last year after my thru. About to do 100 miles nobo on the PCT from Crater Lake to... wherever I get to before my PTO runs out. I figure about 100 miles or so. I’m way out of shape due to Covid so going to be doing 20 or under days solo for 6-7 nights.

Any place to boulder around this section? I’m worried about the cold front coming in July 4 as I will be hiking July 7-12(maybe 13) Is this a relatively cold section at elevation?

Thanks for the conversation! Happy trails

AlpenGlowHiker

Re: Thru hiker says Hello!!

Post by AlpenGlowHiker » June 21st, 2020, 8:54 am

Punsazt wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 12:50 pm
What’s up guys - I’m Puns.

AZT class fo 2019 Nobo, Avid backpacker, thru hiker technically but section hiker heartedly. Moved to Portland from Virginia Beach last year after my thru. About to do 100 miles nobo on the PCT from Crater Lake to... wherever I get to before my PTO runs out. I figure about 100 miles or so. I’m way out of shape due to Covid so going to be doing 20 or under days solo for 6-7 nights.

Any place to boulder around this section? I’m worried about the cold front coming in July 4 as I will be hiking July 7-12(maybe 13) Is this a relatively cold section at elevation?

Thanks for the conversation! Happy trails
Hey Puns!

I don't have anything to offer as far as your question goes, but where do you see a cold front coming in so far out? I'd love to have more weather tools to add to my collection.

btw - i'm also in the Portland area, while I haven't done a thru-hike due to time constraints, I am a section hiker, and will be doing a section in SW Washington this August.