Parking in Cascade Locks overnight

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
mjirving

Parking in Cascade Locks overnight

Post by mjirving » May 30th, 2020, 3:56 pm

I was thinking it might be safer to park overnight in Cascade Locks vs Herman Creek trailhead. Any tips on this for what is allowed and safest for the car left behind? Thanks. It would be during the week if that is relevant in anyway.

Thaks...mike

Don Nelsen

Re: Parking in Cascade Locks overnight

Post by Don Nelsen » May 30th, 2020, 5:21 pm

I was wondering about this too a few years ago so stopped at the city hall and asked what are the rules. I was told that street parking is ok for a couple of days. Before I retired, I'd often stop on the way home from a business trip and go for a hike. I had customers everywhere from Hood River to Billings and had plenty of opportunities to hike in new and interesting places after work. The problem was I had my computer, samples and paperwork in the car and did not want to deal with a break in so had to be creative with parking to avoid problems.

Best do the same though, and ask at city hall to see if there have been any changes.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

mjirving

Re: Parking in Cascade Locks overnight

Post by mjirving » May 30th, 2020, 5:45 pm

Thanks Don, I think I did the same thing once before for an overnighter, but it’s been several years.