Lost me old GPS 11/2/20

Lose something on the trail? Find something? Post it here.
Eric Peterson

Lost me old GPS 11/2/20

Post by Eric Peterson » November 3rd, 2019, 6:09 am

Left my old gps on top of my car near the old Aldrich Mt trail head on 11/2. Long shot I know since only 1 car parked on pavement on the other side of those bad neighbor illegally posted scare off bogus warning signs. Planning on returning first thing tomorrow morning, stealth parked up in there and chances anyone sees it is slim but thanks in advance if you find it!

adamschneider

Re: Lost me old GPS 11/2/20

Post by adamschneider » November 3rd, 2019, 8:13 am

11/2/20? Damn, I knew we were supposed to jump back an hour today, but I didn't get the memo about also jumping ahead a year!

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » November 3rd, 2019, 11:40 am

I love you dude.

I think I had Flush The Turd Nov 3rd on my mind.

But guess what - went back this morning and get my old pos 62s back! :D
gps.JPG

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » November 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am

I once left my Garmin on top of my car at the Wahkeena Falls Trailhead while I did the Wahkeena/Multnomah loop. Amazingly, it was still there when I finished the hike.

Then, I left the battery compartment lid on a rock on the south side of Mt. Baker. I went back and found it after walking about 1/4 mile.

Last summer, it fell out of my hoodie pocket while I was jumping across a stream near Telluride, Colorado. I found it on the bank a half hour later.

A month ago, I somehow dropped it near a sandstone arch in Capitol Reef National Park in Utah. Just a few minutes later (according to the tracklog), someone found it and brought it down to the trailhead. A couple hours after that, someone else picked it up intending to bring it to the Visitor Center, but it was closed. The next day, the Visitor Center got me in touch with the good samaritan, and it arrived back in Oregon via USPS a couple days later.

Somehow, it always comes back.... :shock: