Hey - I'm Peter - 28 yo

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Blazersin7

Hey - I'm Peter - 28 yo

Post by Blazersin7 » October 28th, 2019, 7:35 am

Hey, I'm Peter and have been living in Portland for 3 years now. Moved from Texas. Since the highest elevation near my place in Texas was the Lewisville City Dump, living in the PNW has been a great treat. My good friends that showed me the ropes have moved back to Austin, TX after living in PDX for a while so now I'm discovering even more by myself and trying to get other friends interested in joining me. I can't decide which is my favorite: waterfalls, coastal range, or elevated views around Mt Hood.

Looking forward to learning more about others' gear set-ups and trips. Maybe I'll meet someone in the area that can be a good hiking partner. It can be worrisome in the forest alone, but sometimes it just has to be done!

bobcat

Re: Hey - I'm Peter - 28 yo

Post by bobcat » October 28th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Welcome, Peter. If you're up for the longer drive, try hikes around Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams (including Indian Heaven) in summer/early fall and the east Columbia Gorge in spring.

texasbb

Re: Hey - I'm Peter - 28 yo

Post by texasbb » October 29th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Welcome, Peter, from another misplaced Texan. Grew up in the Big Thicket, went to school in College Station. (Gig 'em!) It's a different world up here alright. I'm a SE Washingtonian but do occasionally hike in the PDX vicinity.
Blazersin7 wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 7:35 am
I can't decide which is my favorite: waterfalls, coastal range, or elevated views around Mt Hood.
The good news is you never have to decide!