Hi! I'm Pong. (Dan deLion is my meow friend)

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Dan deLion

Hi! I'm Pong. (Dan deLion is my meow friend)

Post by Dan deLion » August 30th, 2019, 8:14 am

I'm new to the Forum, but through internet searches in the past, I've encountered a few very helpful posts here about whale creek, sandstone creek, and three corners falls.

I'm mostly a creek hiker. I'm a big fan of offtrail hiking but not much of a fan of bushwhacking, not a fan of the heat on exposed trails. Hiking on a creek seems to be the best option.

I'm hoping to find some hiking buddies. Especially for this particular trip in Mt hood I was thinking about: basically all the way up Wind Creek and come down via John Dick and Harry trail (it might take up to 10 hours?).
In previous trip, I turned around at the top of this waterfall due to time constraints because I started at noon.
I couldn't find any documented waterfalls above this one, but it looks like there could be one or two more based on the topo map.

Also, would love to find some canyoneering buddies for trips involving a shuttle.