Introduction from Likely Lurker

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
SleepyheadRooster

Introduction from Likely Lurker

Post by SleepyheadRooster » August 2nd, 2018, 9:48 pm

Hello from SW Portland. I’m a husband/dad hoping to do more hiking.

My wife and I have backpacked and hiked all over the west. We’ve been in Oregon for 5 years now after a decade in Arizona, and our kids have been keeping us busy - too busy to hike as much as we’d like. However, we generally camp about three weeks every summer! The kids do enjoy being out in nature.

Our most memorable trips are from Grand Teton and Glacier NP. We were married in Zion NP. I just got back from some solo camping on the Olympic Peninsula. We’ll be in Montana and the Canadian Rockies later this summer.

We’re starting to do some regular Sunday morning family trips around Oregon, and for now I’m here gathering information. So I’m likely a lurker more than a verbose poster of trip reports.

Anyhow, howdy!

Webfoot

Re: Introduction from Likely Lurker

Post by Webfoot » August 3rd, 2018, 2:49 am

On behalf of everyone: welcome. :)

Your lurking intent notwithstanding I'd like to read something about those indelible Grand Teton and Glacier NP trips.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » August 3rd, 2018, 5:55 am

lurking is good :)

SleepyheadRooster

Post by SleepyheadRooster » August 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm

Webfoot wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 2:49 am
On behalf of everyone: welcome. :)

Your lurking intent notwithstanding I'd like to read something about those indelible Grand Teton and Glacier NP trips.
Thank you for the welcome!

If you’re patient, I’ll get around to those trip reports. Just give me another seven years to (hopefully) deliver my younger one to his first year of college. Then I expect to have a little extra time on my hands. :lol:

Dustin DuBois

Post by Dustin DuBois » August 7th, 2018, 9:57 am

You'll find that there are a lot of Lurkers here. Many of us Lurk off and on. Just keep hanging out, and you'll find yourself out of Lurk-mode more than you think.
Hi!