Leave No Trace film

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
arlohike

Leave No Trace film

Post by arlohike » July 30th, 2018, 10:46 pm

I just saw this tonight, about the father and daughter who lived in Forest Park for four years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07ktacEGo8

It's a beautiful film, although a bit darker than the trailer led me to expect. Also, I thought it was based on a true story, but read afterwards that nobody knows what happened to the father and daughter after they left the tree farm, and the rest of the story was imagined by the author. I would likely have responded to the film differently if I'd known that.

Anyway, it was cool to see some familiar Forest Park and Portland locations. One of the areas they filmed, at the parking pullout near Ridge Trail, is an area where I've encountered several homeless camps, current and abandoned. I'm not sure why camping in the park seems fairly common then and now but prompted a police search when these two did it. Maybe because they suspected a minor was there.
TrailCheck (iOS / Android)
Elevation Tracker (iOS / Apple Watch)

olderthanIusedtobe

Re: Leave No Trace film

Post by olderthanIusedtobe » August 1st, 2018, 11:58 am

Saw it several weeks ago, thought it was great. Wonderful performance by the young actress. The lush beauty of the Northwest really shined as well.