Change in Forums appearance

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
bobcat

Re: Change in Forums appearance

Post by bobcat » April 23rd, 2018, 10:37 am

Dan,

I do want to apologize - nothing was intended personally (I know my own ignorance doesn't help, either). I don't want my grumpiness over a couple of features to distract from what has been, as others have stated, a remarkably smooth rollover - much, much more fluid than what an old skeptic like me would have predicted. Many thanks for continuing to attend to this forum and respond to comments.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » April 23rd, 2018, 10:49 am

Martell wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am
Thanks, I’ll still be moving through issues, so please let me know what you notice.
Seems the "Who is online" thing doesn't respect user settings anymore. Small thing, but since you asked.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » April 24th, 2018, 10:43 am

Hey Dan, in the list of posts within a topic, the user's avatar/contact link is now on the right side. It used to be on the left. Can we move it back to the left? Since we read left to right, it also makes a little more sense to see who wrote something and then read what they wrote.
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Dustin DuBois

Post by Dustin DuBois » May 10th, 2018, 1:41 pm

I like the new look of the forum, it's certainly more modern in appearance. The responsive aspects of it are also good for mobile use. No issues so far.

I kind of like the avatars on the right. It encourages you to focus on the content, rather than who typed it. Seeing the avatar/name first can have the potential to color your thoughts about the post before even reading it.
Hi!

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » May 11th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Martell wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am
Thanks, I’ll still be moving through issues, so please let me know what you notice.
Embedding videos from YouTube isn't working anymore. Tried with this one, in another thread, and found no joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyDJRWhWR94

If you Quote this message, I imagine you'll see the markup used. Ought to have worked, right?
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

mjirving

Post by mjirving » May 11th, 2018, 9:00 pm

I had the same problem with Vimeo.

Aimless

Post by Aimless » May 13th, 2018, 9:10 pm

The Quick Links link on the upper menu bar stopped working for me on IE 11 under Win 7.0 about a week ago. It would be nice if it were working, but I recognize this is 'old technology'.