Lewis River Trail

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
drm

Lewis River Trail

Post by drm » April 8th, 2016, 11:33 am

I always try to get to the Lewis River Trail for an early-season spring heatwave hike. This early heat wave was the cue.

Because some of the best campsites are towards the southern end of the trail (like about 2 miles up from the Curly Creek TH), these days I usually start farther norther and hike south. This time I started at Middle Falls and hiked the roughly 10 miles to my camp, a little ways south of the Bolt Shelter. There are a number of small reroutes of the trail where slides have rendered it unfixable. After passing Lower Falls I didn't see anybody at all until I got to my desired campsite, which was taken. :(

But there was another site not far beyond and I had some of the best afternoon sun in that the site was more south facing than most. Unfortunately that means I got less sun in the morning when it was cold, about 40.
lr1.jpg
Otherwise it could be called the Green River.
lr2.jpg
Stranded log
lr3.jpg
Tributary
lr4.jpg
Lower Falls

-Q-

Re: Lewis River Trail

Post by -Q- » April 13th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Stranded log = very cool :mrgreen:

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » April 14th, 2016, 11:52 am

Thanks, Dean. This looks like a great early-season option, and easy enough from Curly Creek even for our elderly dog.
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

ErinL

Post by ErinL » April 16th, 2016, 9:50 am

Thanks for this report. The Lewis Creek is an area I've been appreciating more and more over the last couple of years.