Eagle Creek trail inaccessible at Milepost 2.0

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
trailupdater

Eagle Creek trail inaccessible at Milepost 2.0

Post by trailupdater » December 14th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Last week's storm wiped out the first steel bridge on Eagle Creek trail (Tish Creek). Please DO NOT attempt to cross it.
Attachments
IMG_7404.JPG

kepPNW

Re: Eagle Creek trail inaccessible at Milepost 2.0

Post by kepPNW » December 14th, 2015, 5:02 pm

Karl
Back on the trail, again...

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » December 14th, 2015, 6:19 pm

How sad!!! :cry: This is one of my favorite spots to get water during the summer and year round to take pictures. But you can bypass the bridge and cross the creek and head up the bank. But you better bring rubber boots this time of year.
Tish Creek 1a-1.jpg

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » December 14th, 2015, 6:44 pm

forestkeeper wrote:How sad!!! :cry: This is one of my favorite spots to get water during the summer and year round to take pictures. But you can bypass the bridge and cross the creek and head up the bank. But you better bring rubber boots this time of year.
I was trying to remember just how steep/deep that little canyon was. Doable, huh? That's very encouraging to hear!
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

RobFromRedland

Post by RobFromRedland » December 14th, 2015, 7:04 pm

I was going to post that - that bridge is toast I think - We were there today and the creek crossing was not too bad - careful rock hopping - no wading required. There was a trail work crew out today that flagged the bridge and did some other maintenance - but nothing past this bridge.

There is more BIG blowdown further down the trail in a few spots, but otherwise the trail was in good condition. We made it just past twister falls (I think that is the name - this is the first time I've ever hiked this trail).
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » December 14th, 2015, 7:54 pm

:D Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! Thanks for the report Rob!!! As you can see, I'm a little infatuated with Eagle Creek! :roll:

RobFromRedland

Post by RobFromRedland » December 14th, 2015, 8:56 pm

forestkeeper wrote::D Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! Thanks for the report Rob!!! As you can see, I'm a little infatuated with Eagle Creek! :roll:
You should go soon. The waterfalls were impressive. Many of them were thundering so loud you could actually FEEL them in your bones. Tunnel Falls was my favorite, although there are so many it is hard to keep them straight.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson