Bonneville Trailhead Requires NW Forest Pass

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
LLesko

Bonneville Trailhead Requires NW Forest Pass

Post by LLesko » February 23rd, 2015, 7:44 pm

Currently on the field guide the Bonneville Trailhead under fees and regulations lists "none". Headed out to Table Mountain today and discovered that you need a NW Forest Pass to park at the trailhead. Silly me left mine in my apartment but it was an easy trip to Stevenson to pick up a day pass.

Also worth noting: there was a ton of glass on the ground from what I expect are car windows. I had decided to leave my car unlocked with nothing visible/valuable inside. Upon returning, a police officer cruised by to ask if my car was okay. Luckily my car was untouched!

Lumpy

Re: Bonneville Trailhead Requires NW Forest Pass

Post by Lumpy » February 23rd, 2015, 11:24 pm

Does Bonneville Trailhead have all of the required amenities to enforce the NWFP?
16 U.S.C. 6802 RECREATION FEE AUTHORITY.
(f)
(4) An area--
(A) that provides significant opportunities for outdoor
recreation;
(B) that has substantial Federal investments;
(C) where fees can be efficiently collected; and
(D) that contains all of the following amenities:
(i) Designated developed parking.
(ii) A permanent toilet facility.
(iii) A permanent trash receptacle.
(iv) Interpretive sign, exhibit, or kiosk.
(v) Picnic tables.
(vi) Security services.
I think it does, even though the way "security services" may be defined (it is not defined in the FLREA) could be laughable. A deputy that drives by once a day is not what I would call "security", and the glass on the ground could attest to that.

If you want a little more security for your vehicle while hiking in the area, park at Bonneville Hot Springs and pay the fee they want for parking there. Seems more secure to me than Bonneville TH.
"Why are you always chasing women?"
"I'll tell you as soon as I catch one!"

Bosterson

Re: Bonneville Trailhead Requires NW Forest Pass

Post by Bosterson » February 24th, 2015, 12:26 am

LLesko wrote:Currently on the field guide the Bonneville Trailhead under fees and regulations lists "none". Headed out to Table Mountain today and discovered that you need a NW Forest Pass to park at the trailhead.
Thanks for the info. I fixed this in the FG. :)
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased