Lost or Forgotton Waterfalls: Blister Creek Falls

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
forestkeeper

Lost or Forgotton Waterfalls: Blister Creek Falls

Post by forestkeeper » August 11th, 2014, 11:05 am

:) Hey everyone. Not quite sure if I could actually post this in the Lost Trails forum. Not a whole lot of hiking involved. But here is beautiful Blister Creek Falls. Nestled in the forests near Bagby Hot Springs, Blister Creek empties itself into the quiet waters of the Collawash River.
Blister Creek (1) ph-1.jpg
Blister Creek itself gives a tranquil and peaceful feeling to a troubled spirit. My son and I parked off to the left of the bridge, and on the advise of a friend, hiked down to the creek, then upstream through the creek bed. The water is pretty shallow, and when we got near the falls, I threw on some river moccasins and waded with tripod and cameras around my shoulders and neck.
Blister Creek Falls ph-1.jpg
Upon getting close, Blister Creek Falls is awe inspiring.
Blister Creek Falls (1) ph-1.jpg
Blister Creek Falls (2) ph-1.jpg
Blister Creek Falls (3) ph-1.jpg
The water was clear and warm, so warm (for a teenager) that my son decided to brave the cool waters in his undies.
Blister Creek Falls (4) ph-1-1.jpg
Here's some very pretty wildflowers with the falls as a backdrop.
Blister Creek Falls (5) ph-1.jpg
The best way to the falls is to head to Bagby Hot Springs. When highway 70 slopes downward, cross the bridge and park. Either hike up the stream bed or there is a steep trail down, about 50 yards from the bridge.

BrianEdwards

Re: Lost or Forgotton Waterfalls: Blister Creek Falls

Post by BrianEdwards » August 20th, 2014, 10:25 am

The trail down from the brink of the falls is more of a controlled slide. Very steep and slippery
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.