Needed: MSH permits for August 21st -- No love on Purmit.com

Classifieds are for posting non-commercial offers of goods and services among forum members related to hiking, hiking gear and other directly related items of interest. All new topics require moderator approval.
youngdoc

Needed: MSH permits for August 21st -- No love on Purmit.com

Post by youngdoc » July 1st, 2014, 8:51 am

All,

I am in search of 2 climbing permits for Mount Saint Helens for Thursday, August 21st. I listed my own "permits wanted" post on purmit.com several months ago and I have been combing the purmit.com page daily, but so far no love -- there seem to be a lot of permits changing hands for pretty much every date in August EXCEPT the 21st. This leads me to wonder two things:

1. Is anyone aware of any reason that permits specifically for the 21st appear to be unicorns? Is there anything going on on the mountain that day?

2. Can anyone recommend any other sources to comb for permits that might be for sale on that date? I have trolled through Craigslist a bit, but that's something of a challenge, since Craigslist is sorted by State/City and MSH doesn't really fit a specific city (or even state) as far as forum user interest.

I am, of course, happy to pay for the permits via Paypal, cash, animal sacrifice, etc. My wife has never seen the summit and I have only been up there on a very cloudy day, so I really want another chance. Our dates on this trip are not flexible, unfortunately, since we have to fly in and fly out.

Many, many thanks,

Jude

Sly

Re: Needed: MSH permits for August 21st -- No love on Purmit

Post by Sly » July 2nd, 2014, 5:34 pm

Try asking on Cascade Climbers.

You may have more luck closer to the date.

Edit: Have you considered climbing up Mt Adams? Who knows what the weather will be like on Aug 21, but Adams doesn't have the limits that St Helens has.

youngdoc

Post by youngdoc » July 3rd, 2014, 7:47 am

Thank you. I will definitely check the Cascade Climbers forum as well. As to Mt. Adams, we are climbing it on the 23rd of August!

Sly

Post by Sly » July 3rd, 2014, 1:18 pm

Wow, sounds like an awesome trip! If St Helens doesn't work out, you can always walk up lots of other things. South Sister is fun, or you could do one of the Mt Hood hikes and get some decent elevation. Good luck!