canyoneering updates

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
ken leibert

canyoneering updates

Post by ken leibert » June 19th, 2014, 9:41 pm

We have added a trip report and photos of Dry Creek in the gorge by Evan Topinka
www.canyoneeringnorthwest.com/DryCreek/Dry-Creek.php

and a trip report and photos of Stack Creek in the Opal Creek wilderness by Nate Meehan
www.canyoneeringnorthwest.com/Stack-Creek/

Ken Leibert

CampinCarl

Re: canyoneering updates

Post by CampinCarl » June 20th, 2014, 6:21 am

Stack Creek!!! I've been eyeing that place for a few years. Looks like a fun place! Thanks for the report, very helpful. I may just want to bomb down to the tarns from the top of Henline then reverse course back up to Henline Mt trail to return since I'm not a canyoneer. I wonder, though, if any of the ridges could be used to circumvent the tricky parts... hmmm :?: ...

Rustygoat

Post by Rustygoat » June 20th, 2014, 9:17 am

Neat reports Ken, it's nice to see what is in those canyons. Thanks for sharing :)
Tim

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group

CuriousGorgeGuide

Post by CuriousGorgeGuide » June 25th, 2014, 11:21 am

Thanks Ken...always wondered what the canyon above Dry Creek falls looked like.

viking

Post by viking » June 25th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Dry creek falls. There is also a "sidewalk" trail from the talus field that leads to the base of the East Fork Falls mentioned in the trip report. Take note when approaching the falls you are on top of 15 to 20ft deep log debris pile, stable but an amazing amount of trees flushed to this area. From there it is a real cool hike up a narrow box canyon to the upper -West branch- falls (I've been for years calling them Handfull-it looks like a stretched out arm with water running down it into an open palm). Don't go during high water the canyon could be wall to wall water.