Ramona Falls 10/17

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pdxgene

Ramona Falls 10/17

Post by pdxgene » October 17th, 2013, 4:14 pm

A quick update on the conditions going to Ramona Falls. Until the next high water the crossing is about as easy as it can get. People almost have a dam built :? High water will wash it away like a house of cards but it's a breeze until then. Fall colors are past prime and close to done. That's pretty early. Past years they'd been really good right about now. The falls stay in the shade until about noon making lighting better for pictures. And on even the nicest weekdays, you won't come across too many people. Did see a couple groups continue on up towards Yocum Ridge. But I wasn't that ambitious today.. Starting at the falls and working back to the crossing. The Mt Hood pics are from just off to the side of the loop trail junction where an annoying big downed tree blocking the path down for years has been magically replaced by a much smaller, easy to step over one :)

Born2BBrad

Re: Ramona Falls 10/17

Post by Born2BBrad » October 18th, 2013, 10:08 am

Thanks for the update Gene.

Looks like getting over the Sandy River tomorrow will not be a problem.

Hike on,
Brad
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports

VanMarmot

Re: Ramona Falls 10/17

Post by VanMarmot » October 19th, 2013, 6:36 am

Thanks for posting this! You made yesterday's hike of Yocum possible by letting me know I wasn't likely to drowned in the Sandy. :)