Foul play not suspected in woman’s death on hiking trail

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
meana39

Foul play not suspected in woman’s death on hiking trail

Post by meana39 » March 3rd, 2009, 3:38 am

I tried to find more info on this story, but there isn't much.

http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/st ... 2270625500
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

hikingrandma

Re: Foul play not suspected in woman’s death on hiking trail

Post by hikingrandma » March 3rd, 2009, 7:48 am

I saw a very small report about this on KGW website a week or more ago and also on another newstation website and then it dropped out of site. I also couldn't find anything about it on Oregonlive. Very strange given the events in the Gorge during February.

Patty

Charley

Post by Charley » March 3rd, 2009, 10:54 am

Wish they would have reported which trail she was on when they found her. Too bad.
Believe it or not, I barely ever ride a mountain bike.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » March 3rd, 2009, 11:32 am

From the story below, it appears she was on the Eagle Creek Trail
Body Found on Hood River Trail

Salem-News.com

Although the cause of death has yet to be determined, investigators do not believe that foul play was a factor.

(CASCADE LOCKS, Ore.) - Deputies say Thursday afternoon, Hood River Sheriff's Office Investigators were notified of a body located on a popular hiking trail, west of Cascade Locks.

Hood River 911 received a call at 3:22 p.m. from a hiker on the Eagle Creek Trail. The hiker reported finding the body of an adult Caucasian female, about three miles from the trailhead.

Deputy Matt English, Public Information Officer with Hood River Emergency Services, says investigators reached the location late Thursday afternoon and discovered the body of 40-year old Maureen Dolores Gamache of Portland.

"A vehicle registered to Gamache was located in the parking lot, which is situated south of I-84, west of Cascade Locks."

English says crews were able to remove Ms. Gamache's body from the trail just after 9:00 p.m. Thursday.

Although the cause of death has yet to be determined, investigators do not believe that foul play was a factor.

The investigation is pending the results of the medical examiners findings