Timothy Lake?

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
fromagnon

Timothy Lake?

Post by fromagnon » July 15th, 2008, 9:31 am

Has anyone been up to Timothy Lake lately? I'm headed up there this weekend and am wondering what to expect as far as Mosquitoes go. (I'm still recovering from Burnt lake last weekend)

Cattrapper

Re: Timothy Lake?

Post by Cattrapper » July 15th, 2008, 1:27 pm

I camped up off of Rd.58 the weekend of the 4th. We drove up past Timothy Lake and down to Summit Lake. The mosquitoes were pretty bad where we camped and at Summit Lake, but I didn't notice them much around Timothy. I think there was enough of a breeze coming across the lake to keep them at bay. I'd recommend bringing lots of bug spray just in case.
"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live." Tom McCall

Wyeast pal

Post by Wyeast pal » July 16th, 2008, 10:26 pm

A bit more than a week ago, I biked around the lake (using the Old 1916 trail on the east side to stay off the PCT) and had a great day. Mesquitos were around but mainly only down on the southeast side of the lake. Seem that Clackamas Lake campground gets them the worst. Normally not an issue for me near the Timothy itself.

kwpapke

Post by kwpapke » July 17th, 2008, 10:10 am

fromagnon wrote:Has anyone been up to Timothy Lake lately? I'm headed up there this weekend and am wondering what to expect as far as Mosquitoes go. (I'm still recovering from Burnt lake last weekend)
I camped at Hoodview Monday night. The mosquitoes were tolerable, but I'm from Minnesota so its all relative ;)
I'm thinking of heading to Burnt Lake tomorrow - I take it I should pack my DEET...

-Kurt
My hiking/backpacking Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KurtPapke?gvnc=1