Tam McArthur Rim Trail to No Name Lake

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
ppendhar

Tam McArthur Rim Trail to No Name Lake

Post by ppendhar » June 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am

Any update on Tam McArthur Rim trail? Is the road open?
Any update on conditions would be appreciated. I would like to car camp at TH and attempt hike No Name lake from TamMcArthur Rim TH. I am equipped and have experience with snow travel and navigation.

adamschneider

Re: Tam McArthur Rim Trail to No Name Lake

Post by adamschneider » June 2nd, 2019, 11:52 am

ppendhar wrote:
June 2nd, 2019, 11:01 am
Any update on Tam McArthur Rim trail? Is the road open?
Any update on conditions would be appreciated. I would like to car camp at TH and attempt hike No Name lake from TamMcArthur Rim TH. I am equipped and have experience with snow travel and navigation.
The Forest Service just posted this:

Sisters, Ore. – On Friday May 31, the Deschutes National Forest will open the gate on Forest Road 16 next to Upper Three Creek Sno-Park for the season.

Access remains challenging as the road is wide enough for two lane traffic until Park Meadows Trailhead, then it will narrow into one lane with limited turnouts for approximately one mile to the junction of Forest Road 370. Beyond that, vehicle travel not advised due to large snowdrifts the remaining mile to Three Creek Lake.

As the warm weather continues to melt snow, access to this area will improve. We appreciate the public’s caution when traveling on Forest Road 16 and remind visitors that if an area is blocked by snow, do not try to get through it with your vehicles as this can create resource damage. Be prepared to park at Forest Road 370 junction and walk the approximately one mile to Three Creek Lake.

ppendhar

Re: Tam McArthur Rim Trail to No Name Lake

Post by ppendhar » June 2nd, 2019, 12:47 pm

Thanks Adam for your answer. Love your snow depth site. Appreciate it.