Snowy views or waterfalls?

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
cgibsong002

Snowy views or waterfalls?

Post by cgibsong002 » March 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Apologies ahead of time for the tricky question as i don't know the area well yet. Wondering if there's any good, relatively easy view points or waterfalls that are snow covered at the moment (this weekend really). Just trying to plan a little time outside and not a full on hike, as my fiancee and i only have a few hours this weekend and don't have snowshoes either. I'm looking specifically for a good photography spot, maybe catch sunset or sunrise if it's a good mountain view point. Or maybe a river or waterfall in the snow?

I know this is a bit of a tricky question given the conditions I'm looking for. Looking at the trip check cams it looks relatively snow free until farther on 84 past where most of the easily accessible waterfalls are. Maybe also a Mount Hood view down 26 before you start to get into heavy snow territory? Not sure if there's anything around zigzag or closer.

On a second note, are there any forums dedicated to PNW or Oregon specific photography?

Thanks!

justpeachy

Re: Snowy views or waterfalls?

Post by justpeachy » March 10th, 2019, 7:24 am

cgibsong002 wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm
On a second note, are there any forums dedicated to PNW or Oregon specific photography?
I did a Google search and found this.

If you're on Facebook there is the PNW Photography group. There is also Photographers Of Oregon and Oregon Photographers.