Doing Thru Hike Of Chinook Trail - Need Help From Wahtum Lake To Troutdale

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
BassMasterK

Re: Doing Thru Hike Of Chinook Trail - Need Help From Wahtum Lake To Troutdale

Post by BassMasterK » August 7th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Don't know how I could have forgotten Snorkel was in the group. She gave a talk about the trail on an episode of The Trail Show podcast. It came back to me as soon as I read your reply.

I regularly check out thetrek.co so I'll keep an eye out for your article. I think this is exactly the kind of thing the trail needs as far as publicity which will better the chance it can become a more established and recognized trail.

reverbhiker

Post by reverbhiker » August 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm

If anyone's interested, my first article on my upcoming hike of the Chinook Trail just went up on The Trek's website (it's a pre-hike post, I don't start until October 1):

https://thetrek.co/choosing-chinook-tra ... thru-hike/

Sean

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » August 27th, 2018, 12:05 am

I see you have elected to include part of Timberline Trail, which puts you on Highway 26 for a significant distance. I suggest a small change to reduce this.
Brightwood.jpg
Attachments
Brightwood.kmz
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

reverbhiker

Post by reverbhiker » August 27th, 2018, 7:42 am

Excellent suggestion - I should have noticed that before. Thank you - I will definitely take the route you suggest!
Webfoot wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 12:05 am
I see you have elected to include part of Timberline Trail, which puts you on Highway 26 for a significant distance. I suggest a small change to reduce this.

Brightwood.jpg

BassMasterK

Post by BassMasterK » September 14th, 2018, 8:59 am

reverbhiker wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm
If anyone's interested, my first article on my upcoming hike of the Chinook Trail just went up on The Trek's website (it's a pre-hike post, I don't start until October 1):

Sean
Great article Sean! I'm really looking forward to following you on your adventure. You mention doing some daily reports, are you going to release these after you get back or are you going to try to get them out along the trail as data signal allows?

reverbhiker

Post by reverbhiker » September 14th, 2018, 9:21 am

I'll have to see how it goes, and if I have service, especially the first 3-4 days, as well as the last 3-4 days. It also depends on how late I arrive in towns where I do have service. I'd say my goal is to do daily reports, but what I envision is that I'll probably have the first 6-7 days posted by the time I finish the hike, and once I get back hope I'll post the remaining reports.

After they appear on the Trek's website, I will post them on my own blog site at www.reverbhiker.com. I will also be posting photos on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/doublecrown/

Thanks!

Sean
BassMasterK wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 8:59 am
reverbhiker wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Sean
Great article Sean! I'm really looking forward to following you on your adventure. You mention doing some daily reports, are you going to release these after you get back or are you going to try to get them out along the trail as data signal allows?