Snow at Umbrella Falls?

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
justpeachy

Snow at Umbrella Falls?

Post by justpeachy » June 30th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I have an out-of-town friend hanging out with me on Sunday and I was going to take her up to Timberline Lodge for lunch. While we're up there, having spent the gas to get there, I was trying to think of something else we could do up there and thought about Umbrella Falls near Mt. Hood Meadows. But I'm wondering if there is too much snow there still. Has anyone been in the area recently?

Any other ideas about what we could do or see up there? I'm not used to thinking about Mt. Hood from a tourist perspective. I'm still recovering from my broken foot and can't walk more than a couple miles, not that any hiking trails are clear of snow up there anyway!

Don Nelsen

Re: Snow at Umbrella Falls?

Post by Don Nelsen » June 30th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Hi Cheryl,

I was near there last Friday, but didn't go up the road to Meadows but it's plowed all winter so should be fine up to the gate at the entrance to the resort's parking lot. The falls is only a few hundred yards from there and whatever snow remains is hard-packed and easily hikable. If you go, take pictures and please post them!

Don
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller