Silver Star/Bluff Mountain conditions 6/22

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
Delfiin

Silver Star/Bluff Mountain conditions 6/22

Post by Delfiin » June 21st, 2008, 10:11 pm

We made our way up towards Silver Star today on the Bluff Mountain trail and the trail is soooo close to being passable. The road up to the Bluff Mountain trail is clear and can be done in a car. There are still plenty of patches of snow, but most are passable. Our turn around point came as the trail approaches little baldy. The snow was pretty icy and the drop off a little too steep, so we decided to scramble up to the to of Bluff Mountain and hike along the ridge for a bit. If the weather continues to be nice the whole trail should be doable in a week or two. We will probably head back that direction in mid July. I will be posting a trail report as soon as I download my pictures.

fettster

Re: Silver Star/Bluff Mountain conditions 6/22

Post by fettster » June 23rd, 2008, 9:47 am

That trail has some awesome views. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

BeaverDawg

Post by BeaverDawg » June 23rd, 2008, 12:01 pm

Thanks for the report. We did Silver Star from Grouse TH on Saturday and wondered about the Bluff Mt trailhead which we talked about doing but heard the road might be an issue.

jeffstatt

Post by jeffstatt » June 23rd, 2008, 4:20 pm

Thanks Delfin for that update. Well.... little baldy is a worthy destination of it' s own I guess! Was the summit clear of snow? How much of the climb up there was in that deep talus?