Plain 100 mile race (Entiat Mountains of Washington State)

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
BCJ

Re: Plain 100 mile race (Entiat Mountains of Washington Stat

Post by BCJ » September 15th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Great job, Joe! I'll probably have to PM you later to pick your brain about a few things...I'm putting in for the Western States lottery and will do either the Pine to Palm or Moab 100 in the likely case that I don't get lucky enough to draw a spot.

mayhem

Post by mayhem » September 15th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Joerunner,
Absolutely Superduper Loony! You really are the Man! & as Geoff said I'm the ma'am :).
It is amazing how you remembered it all too! I felt like I was there, while read your TR! Thanks again for sharing:).
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

joerunner

Post by joerunner » September 16th, 2011, 7:22 am

Thanks Don! If you were into racing then I bet this race would be right up your alley.

joerunner

Post by joerunner » September 16th, 2011, 7:25 am

BCJ wrote:Great job, Joe! I'll probably have to PM you later to pick your brain about a few things...I'm putting in for the Western States lottery and will do either the Pine to Palm or Moab 100 in the likely case that I don't get lucky enough to draw a spot.

Sure BCJ, pm or email with any questions you have. I ran Western States last year but I haven't done Pine to Palm or Moab. I think those last 2 or fairly new. Another race to consider is Cascade Crest up at Snoqualime pass. CC is my favorite.

Thanks for reading!

joerunner

Post by joerunner » September 16th, 2011, 7:29 am

mayhem wrote:Joerunner,
Absolutely Superduper Loony! You really are the Man! & as Geoff said I'm the ma'am :).
It is amazing how you remembered it all too! I felt like I was there, while read your TR! Thanks again for sharing:).
Loony is right! For a few days after a race like this I'm too depleted to really do anything physical so I have a lot of time to sit down and recall the race and write it down. I really enjoy writing reports on races that went well. It is kind of like reliving the experience and I can use the report for future reference and sometimes even motivation. I write reports on the races that go bad too because there is something to learn there as well.

Thanks for reading and also for setting the bar on some really tough hikes. Your adventures really motivate me.

Roy

Post by Roy » September 16th, 2011, 6:42 pm

I am not sorry about the length it was breath of fresh air for a guy with time on his hands.Or I should I say hand.

Thank you and I am in total awe ;) Tom
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

joerunner

Post by joerunner » September 17th, 2011, 7:29 am

Thanks Roy, my pleasure.

mayhem

Post by mayhem » September 17th, 2011, 11:33 am

Roy wrote:I am not sorry about the length it was breath of fresh air for a guy with time on his hands.Or I should I say hand.

Thank you and I am in total awe ;) Tom
Tom/Roy U kicked some Trail today! In Spirit My trail Friend!!!

Peder

Post by Peder » September 17th, 2011, 2:05 pm

joerunner wrote:With dry cloths, fresh shoes and food in my stomach I was feeling pretty good and ready to go. So, after 25 minutes or so I left Deep creek in the dark using a headlamp and a handheld flashlight for light.
So that is almost as fast as a race car pit stop: Pull up, switch shoes, refuel and a bit of duct tape around the bumper that is falling off (whoops, the duct tape was to fix a hole in the shoe...). Impressive, especially considering that you have already been on your feet for a while!
I found your write-up very detailed and interesting. I would be pleased to read something like that in Outside Magazine. It is amazing to me that any human body can cover 100 miles in that kind of time! Well done and thank you for a fascinating report. I only miss pictures of you "before" and "after" (gone to the dogs)!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

mayhem

Post by mayhem » September 17th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Before & after audio also:) I'm not even on the radar for this kind of stuff but my first over 40miles I was talking like a deranged mad man at the end :)