wahclella falls

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pyles_94

wahclella falls

Post by pyles_94 » September 7th, 2008, 7:53 am

yesterday i took off at 2:45 pm to go to wahclella falls. ive been here once before, but i wanted some better pictures. the spray from the waterfall was driving me insane... i only could get a few good ones in before it covered my polarizer again...

heres one i uploaded already... (i might have one more today or tomorrow of the creek though)

Jamey Pyles

smokey

Re: wahclella falls

Post by smokey » September 7th, 2008, 11:52 am

We must have crossed paths! I saw a number of people setting up their cameras for nice shots such as the one you featured. For those reading, this is just a 2 mile hike (round trip) and the scenery is outstanding. The elevation gain in minimal (maybe 300 ft.), but much of the trail features a significant drop-off on one side. We had put our 3 year old in the pack for much of the way.

We made a day of it and went to the Bonneville Fish Hatchery & Sturgeon Center beforehand.

pyles_94

Post by pyles_94 » September 7th, 2008, 12:32 pm

were you the people that had the kid that was counting the stairsteps on the way back??

cool!
Jamey Pyles

smokey

Post by smokey » September 7th, 2008, 2:49 pm

That wasn't us. We had our son in a front pack during the stair portion. Our son was the one furiously throwing rocks in the water near the base of the falls. :lol: