Elowah Falls

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
dayhiker

Elowah Falls

Post by dayhiker » December 13th, 2023, 5:41 am

I hiked both the upper Falls (trail) and the lower, surprised at all the cars, but probably the weather being nice for one day only. Though I saw only two other solos on the trail, so maybe they went to Nesmith. (sp?)

I usually hike the bike trail and come in the other side, but last time it was really bushy, like hard to follow, I did the upper first and could see the pieces of the bridge below AND water flowing under the smaller portion, (last summer the water was flowing under the slide. Not sure if the slide has been flushed out or if the water is flowing over it and under the bridge. I did not want to do the other side and try to find the trail downhill anyway, but maybe the brush is better in winter.

I thought the East side was steeper and more slippery but not sure if there was space to fix that, probably bad memory, as there was only one sort of steep part and not slippery (yesterday). One part hard to climb around (wishing I had put my camera away)

Bridge:
It is shallow below the bridge, still bridge might tip over and pin you? Two of us decided not to try it and the third told me the first told her it was a no go.

Falls (This picture has the bridge at the bottom but my Logo is covering it):
View:

No Flowers today! but pretty trail on other side,