Aldrich Butte

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
sheilakpdx

Aldrich Butte

Post by sheilakpdx » April 16th, 2023, 6:30 pm

After reading the trip report last week from Willruss_5, I thought the time was now to try another hike that has been on my list for quite sometime. We headed to the Bonneville trailhead and up the Tamanous trail on Friday. I considered parking on Cascade Drive in North Bonneville and shaving off some miles from the hike but opted not to take the risk of a citation or towing. Besides, it was a beautiful day. The hike in was pretty uneventful until we arrived at the PCT/Carpenter Lake junction. The original plan was to head to the butte via Carpenter Lake, but after being on a fairly well cleared PCT, we decided to keep heading up until we got to the second Aldrich Butte/PCT junction (as seen on Gaia and some printed maps). The trail was so faint we walked right by it but only for a short distance. The faint trail disappeared shortly after but we just stuck to the ridge until we dropped down to the Aldrich Butte & Cedar Creek/Mountain junction and trail signs. We were the only ones at the top and it was great to get a perspective of the Eagle Creek and Herman Creek drainages from the Washington side. The return trip was along the Carpenter Lake trail which, except for a couple of passable blowdowns, is in great shape! Not many flowers are in bloom except for the occasional trillium. A great hike and a great day that piqued my interest to explore more.
Attachments
Rock Polishers.jpg
Looking East Down Columbia River.JPG
Oregon Side Drainages.JPG