Sunrise Camp: 9/25/22

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Naturebat

Re: Sunrise Camp: 9/25/22

Post by Naturebat » May 11th, 2023, 12:02 am

I had no idea the swampy crossing between Hellroaring and Ridge of Wonders wasn't allowed. It is even described in nwhikers.com as an optional loop, and there's been some trip reports of that loop posted here in the past if I recall.
It would help if they were more clear on their rules and had an actual online website for that; hard to follow their rules when you have to dig and hunt for them. It wouldn't be too hard to just make a page (or put back that old page they had for the Mt Adams Rec. Area that used to exist), or just make a simple downloadable pdf document with a map and all the rules and fees. Not that I would have ever done that loop anyway; much too crazy from what I've heard of that swamp crossing.

Even when I backpacked to Sunrise Camp last year I couldn't decipher their wording for how their overnight backpacking fees worked. It was extremely confusing to figure out how much I needed to pay in order to park at the trailhead for three days, so I just went with my best guess as to what I owed, so hopefully I did not under pay them.
- Previously ElementalFX

Deben

Re: Sunrise Camp: 9/25/22

Post by Deben » May 11th, 2023, 11:03 am

I was looking at the valley crossing; so thank you for the information on hellish conditions and regulations.