Mirror Lake 8/07/22

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Holly and Bryan

Mirror Lake 8/07/22

Post by Holly and Bryan » August 16th, 2022, 11:53 am

We had a great trip to Mirror Lake in early August. It was 10-15 degrees cooler in the area than in Portland, and wading in the lake was another welcome respite from the heat :D . The water was chilly, but not too cold to cool off. The trail was in good condition, though there's a section along the lakeshore that's a bit overgrown with willows. The path is narrow there, but not difficult. In the same marshy area, boards have been laid across the wettest spots. They sink a bit when you step on them, but we crossed without getting our feet wet.

There were a few ripe mountain huckleberries along the trail!

A video of the hike highlights is here:

gallione11

Re: Mirror Lake 8/07/22

Post by gallione11 » August 16th, 2022, 1:54 pm

Nice video. I happened to be there the same day so was curious if I had passed you or not. Sure enough, I see my truck in the pan of the parking lot, and me and my girlfriend in the background right at the beginning of your hike. (Red Backpack). Small world.

The boards you mentioned are fine now, but early in the season, since one or two are no longer connected, you will get wet feet when the water level is higher. I found that out, thankfully on the way down, in early July when I sank a good 18 inches on a board or two.

Holly and Bryan

Re: Mirror Lake 8/07/22

Post by Holly and Bryan » August 16th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Wow, that's cool! It is a small world :D . Good to know about the boards in the marshy area when the water is higher!