North Oxbow Hike

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
[email protected]

North Oxbow Hike

Post by [email protected] » June 20th, 2022, 12:20 pm

Did this hike yesterday 6/19/2022. The hike went smoothly until we got to our first of 2 side channel crossings. The first crossing was easy on a couple of well placed logs. The second crossing had no good logs so we just waded across in knee deep water. After each crossing, the trail was very hard to find. We had to explore around for about 15 minutes each time to find the trail. After the second crossing parts of the trail past that crossing was obliterated by a couple of small mud slides, but we found the trail again. The trail after the first stream crossing until the end was very overgrown. And the stinging nettles were everywhere. I would recommend doing this trail after things dry out a bit and where nettle proof long pants. A plus, it was a beautiful area to hike.

sgyoung

Re: North Oxbow Hike

Post by sgyoung » June 20th, 2022, 10:13 pm

Welcome to the board and thanks for posting! This sounds like it was a rough outing. I wasn't familiar with this hike, but all the same appreciate the heads up about current conditions (and you got me to check out the field guide entry). Waiting until late summer sounds like a solid plan :D