Foxglove Loop via Angel's Rest trail 022422

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: Foxglove Loop via Angel's Rest trail 022422

Post by Don Nelsen » March 6th, 2022, 2:17 pm

Ron Goodwin wrote:
March 3rd, 2022, 1:45 pm
Don,
Really appreciate your doing this as since I hit 84 my energy has kept me on shorter hikes and doing garden work at Leach Botanical Garden.
I started clearing and putting up signs after the ‘91 Fire every year. Before that had some help from The Mazamas and FS. FOXGLOVE lives.
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the comment and thanks for the work you did back in the day.

Yes, the Foxglove lives - and as of yesterday, all downed trees are off the Primrose and only a handful yet to be removed from the foxglove. The upper Foxglove is completely clear, too. I'll get the rest in a day or two. The credit goes to Red Shorts - without all he's done to brush everything out, I likely wouldn't have gone up there to do saw work.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Craig Romano

Post by Craig Romano » March 11th, 2022, 9:45 am

Great meeting you Don, and Red Shorts on the trail this past Monday! Great work you two are doing!

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » March 11th, 2022, 9:52 am

Craig Romano wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 9:45 am
Great meeting you Don, and Red Shorts on the trail this past Monday! Great work you two are doing!
Great meeting you too Craig! What a surprise that the only person I met all day is a celebrity. I love your books and your writing style. Please keep up the good work.

Don
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Craig Romano

Post by Craig Romano » March 12th, 2022, 11:46 am

Thanks for the nice words and hope to run into you on the trail again sometime soon!

Petr

Post by Petr » March 18th, 2022, 7:34 am

Micra.jpg
Micra.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
"Red Shorts" has this to report: "just spent the last few days at 3 hospitals, Life Flight ride between 2 of them, Mobile ICU ride between the other 2, and , once again, was on Vancomycin. The pacemaker leads that were infected 2 years ago failed and almost killed me. So I got a new pacemaker altogether, a super new Micra (Medtronic) LEADLESS one that was implanted directly into my left ventricle. High risk procedure and recovery, doing well so far!" He wishes to thank you all for appreciating his efforts and expressing that here, along with the well wishes, etc.. Red Shorts will be back out in the woods as soon as he can!
Well Jim, where to next?

Limey

Post by Limey » March 20th, 2022, 6:37 pm

Here's wishing Red Shorts a speedy and non-eventful recovery. Glad things are going well so far. Must have been a scary situation.