Return to Eagle Creek

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Splintercat

Re: Return to Eagle Creek

Post by Splintercat » December 9th, 2021, 6:14 pm

Ha! Thanks, Adam... two+ years later, but helpful edits are always timely... but I'm actually not finding any (at least not to my sense of left and right... much less right and wrong!)

;)

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » December 10th, 2021, 12:35 am

Splintercat wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 6:14 pm
Ha! Thanks, Adam... two+ years later, but helpful edits are always timely... but I'm actually not finding any (at least not to my sense of left and right... much less right and wrong!)
Check this caption: "Eagle Creek made quick work of a debris pile that almost certainly plugged the outlet to the Punch Bowl, forming the new channel in the lower right in this view (State of Oregon)."

drm

Post by drm » December 10th, 2021, 2:44 pm

As a related point, I keep wondering when that enormous mud wall right at the beginning of the trail is going to all come down and force them to move the trail to the other side of the creek for a few hundred yards (meaning two more bridges). It's going to happen some day/year.

Splintercat

Post by Splintercat » December 10th, 2021, 7:01 pm

That's probably true, Dean. A really good example (in the same geologic formation) is over by the Stark Street Bridge over the Sandy River. That wall has collapsed on a number of occasions, sometimes in a very big way. It's a really weak geologic layer, but it's also one of the main reasons we have steep basalt cliffs and waterfalls!

@Adam -- thank you!

Tom :)