Silver Falls State Park - Smith Creek Loop Hike

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
rodeck

Silver Falls State Park - Smith Creek Loop Hike

Post by rodeck » October 27th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Week 11 in my 52-week journey brings me south of Portland to Silver Falls State Park. Smith Creek Loop Hike was the perfect hike on this cloudy, windy day.
Just before dawn, I stepped out of my car at the 214 trailhead and was immediately surrounded by menacing wind racing through the adjacent trees. A wave of excitement rushed over me, and I knew this was going to be a fantastic day.
As I progressed into the darkness, I was greeted by the giants of this forest. Huge ancient Douglas-firs reached mesmerically into the night’s sky. Hiking among these magnificent trees along well-groomed paths was an absolute pleasure.
Great hike for days the winter weather may not be cooperating with your plans. For most of this hike, you have great coverage by the canopy of towering trees. Well-marked trails and many easy-to-follow routes through Oregon’s largest state park make this a hike great for all skill levels.

Instagram Video - Hike Highlights

YouTube Video - Hike Highlights
Attachments
20211025_100120.jpg

retired jerry

Re: Silver Falls State Park - Smith Creek Loop Hike

Post by retired jerry » October 28th, 2021, 5:20 am

nice project - one hike per week

rodeck

Post by rodeck » October 28th, 2021, 7:19 am

retired jerry wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 5:20 am
nice project - one hike per week
Thanks Jerry, I am so excited by all the hiking possibilities over the next year. I just picked up some rain gear for the winter season. There is never Bad weather, Just Bad clothing.

BigBear

Post by BigBear » October 29th, 2021, 8:27 am

I liked the falling leaves and the river level video. I would like to see more of the river level videos on future hikes, especially moving toward a waterfall. I think that would be a neat effect. Thank you for doing these.

rodeck

Post by rodeck » October 29th, 2021, 7:09 pm

BigBear wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 8:27 am
I liked the falling leaves and the river level video. I would like to see more of the river level videos on future hikes, especially moving toward a waterfall. I think that would be a neat effect. Thank you for doing these.
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for recommending your suggestions. I like your idea and will take that into consideration during future hikes.