North Cascade Head Trail (a.k.a. NF 1361)

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Monomath

North Cascade Head Trail (a.k.a. NF 1361)

Post by Monomath » July 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm

I'm retired and a part-time resident of Lincoln City. After making several trips to the top of Cascade Head via the trail from the South I finally did the North Trail which NF Rd 1361 from the junction of that road with US 101 which is midway between Lincoln City and the hamlet of Neskowin. My gps app calculated the round trip at 9 miles. Here are some of the markers/views along the way:
Trailhead sign indicating a "view point," the NC trail and Hart's Cove endpoint.

This is ~1.5 mi in and leads to the South Cascade Head (1310) trailhead. There is a parking area just across the road here. This is also shown on one the OregonHikers' map where the abandoned section under development by Trailkeepers of Oregon would head north but I saw no sign of it from the road.

This is NC trailhead at ~ 3.4 mi in.

The trail from here to the top of Cascade head is a very pleasant stroll to the "summit" of Cascade head. There's actually a slight drop in elevation to that summit but the view is spectacular.

Lincoln City can be seen with Devil's Lake on its left side.

Birders will enjoy hearing the omnipresent Swainson's thrushes. I also heard the loud whistles of varied thrushes as I neared the Nature Conservancy's trailhead as well as a Pacific wren here and there nearer to my starting point. I also startled a pair of purple finches out of roadside brush on my way back.

P.S. I previewed this before submitting and it looks like the images aren't going to load. If so, I obviously need some help there.
Last edited by Monomath on July 16th, 2021, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justpeachy

Re: North Cascade Head Trail (a.k.a. NF 1361)

Post by justpeachy » July 16th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Are you trying to embed the images from elsewhere, or did you upload them here to the website?

Monomath

Post by Monomath » July 16th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Hello, justpeachy. I tried to upload them from my photo album. I am not seeing the "upload attachment" option that the "how to upload" page indicated was under the message body.

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » July 16th, 2021, 12:28 pm

Just in case, here is how it works: In the Attachments section below your post click on Add files. Then when it's uploaded click on the Place Inline button, which will insert the image into the body of your post wherever your cursor is.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 19th, 2021, 2:27 pm

after you hit "post reply"

below the "submit" button click on "attachments", then "add files" and it will let you select a file off your computer. Then put the cursor in your text where you want the picture to go and click on "place online"