Eagle Creek in Salmon Huckleberry: evidence of ***hole motorbiker

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
AaronPDX

Eagle Creek in Salmon Huckleberry: evidence of ***hole motorbiker

Post by AaronPDX » April 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm

Some fairly fresh motorcycle tracks to about 2 miles in along this beautiful trail. Sad. I imagine the new road extension has emboldened such lowlifes. Otherwise, it's the same beautiful place. Trillium's in bloom, and plenty of snow from ~3 miles. Exited to the percussive thrum of a grouse.

Chip Down

Re: Eagle Creek in Salmon Huckleberry: evidence of ***hole motorbiker

Post by Chip Down » April 18th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Next you'll be complaining about shotgun shells and Keystone Light cans littering the trail. :roll:

[I'm kidding, of course. I share your disgust with lowlife degenerates. Unless motorized vehicles are allowed there, but I trust you on that.]

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » April 19th, 2021, 7:55 am

AaronPDX wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm
I imagine the new road extension has emboldened such lowlifes.
What new road extension? Is this in the area of Harvey Road Trailhead or another entry point?

Chip, if this is the same trail I'm thinking of it's clearly Wilderness and signed that way.

kirk

Post by kirk » April 19th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Webfoot wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 7:55 am
AaronPDX wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 8:59 pm
I imagine the new road extension has emboldened such lowlifes.
What new road extension? Is this in the area of Harvey Road Trailhead or another entry point?

Chip, if this is the same trail I'm thinking of it's clearly Wilderness and signed that way.
Yes, it's at the end of Harvey Road. The old blocked road down the hill has been recently graded and there is now an expanded landing at the end of the gravel road. It's on land that is under BLM purview. There's a lot more parking at the landing now. Hopefully that's why they did this and it's not for a logging operation on the corporate land just south of the section line.

The wilderness sign was there last time I looked.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qjkpb87LqxsK6SdD6