7.11.20 Shellrock Lake Hike -- Fish are stocked!

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
renegadepilgrim

7.11.20 Shellrock Lake Hike -- Fish are stocked!

Post by renegadepilgrim » July 13th, 2020, 7:29 am

My wife and I did a quick hike to Shellrock Lake on Saturday. We had hoped to go a bit further to the Rock Lakes, but unfortunately the bugs were out in full force and my wife is a delectable treat, so we turned around after making it almost to the other side of the lake.

The trail was in good condition, and there is one spot about a mile up, right before the campsites, that is marshy, wet, and requires some skill to get across the log crossing.

There was a group of Backcountry Horsepeople volunteers bringing fish to the lake to restock, so if you like fishing, now is a good time to go!

Also, the Hideaway Lakes CG appears to be closed, in case anyone was wondering. I imagine in another couple of weeks, the bugs should be better.

I took pics....will try to post later.
Travel and Outdoor Adventure Website: http://www.renegadepilgrim.com
Instagram/Tumblr/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

christabrews

Re: 7.11.20 Shellrock Lake Hike -- Fish are stocked!

Post by christabrews » July 13th, 2020, 10:55 am

How are the bugs in mid August? I was planning on making a trip there to camp, fish, and enjoy some huckleberries!

renegadepilgrim

Re: 7.11.20 Shellrock Lake Hike -- Fish are stocked!

Post by renegadepilgrim » July 13th, 2020, 1:51 pm

christabrews wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 10:55 am
How are the bugs in mid August? I was planning on making a trip there to camp, fish, and enjoy some huckleberries!
I would think by mid August it should be a lot better! The folks we talked to that were camped out had mentioned the bugs were not as bad in the middle of the day.
Travel and Outdoor Adventure Website: http://www.renegadepilgrim.com
Instagram/Tumblr/Twitter: renegadepilgrim