backdoor route to Wygant Peak

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: backdoor route to Wygant Peak

Post by Don Nelsen » February 12th, 2020, 9:28 am

Chip Down wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Don Nelsen wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 6:11 pm
I've parked there twice recently (Feb. 3rd and Feb. 7th) so I guess I've been lucky.
Don, sorry I missed you on Feb 3! That would have been a fun random encounter. As for getting lucky, imagine how lucky I felt when I knew my car was the only one in the lot before dawn, on a day when the asswipes were out doing their thing, and I escaped unscathed. Clearly, they looked at my vehicle, and Craig's, maybe others, sized them up, made a decision to get just one. Last time, I was in a lot where all cars were broken into, so we all commiserated as we cleaned up and assessed damages.

[edit] Dammit Don, when I saw you had posted, I was expecting the DeSoto story! :lol:
Chip, would have been great to have finally met you - You apparently arrived before I did and left after. I got thereabout 11:45 and left about 3:30. The only snow we saw started at about 1500' and was mostly at the base of trees or plastered against the west side of them. The only other car in the lot was a light colored Honda Element (I think - I didn't pay that close of attention - could have been something similar) It was there when we arrived and still there when we left.

Which Desoto story? I have more than one :?
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller