Salmon Butte 791 - Trailhead advisory

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
TwoPaw

Salmon Butte 791 - Trailhead advisory

Post by TwoPaw » November 10th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Hiked Salmon Butte Nov. 9 and there was evidence of recent car clouting at the trailhead. Since I arrived 8am on a Saturday morning and would depart early afternoon I did not let it deter me.

I hadn't been on #791 since the relocation of the trailhead almost a decade ago. I couldn't really recall the trail anyway, and as I made my way I remembered that most of it is not particularly memorable, thought it is pleasant.

It's greatest attribute that day was the lack of other hominids. Basically had the Butte to myself and only encountered a handful of incoming hikers as I neared the trailhead again.

They should move the trailhead down the road even further. Heck, move it all the way back to ZigZag.
Attachments
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2173.JPG

squidvicious

Re: Salmon Butte 791 - Trailhead advisory

Post by squidvicious » November 10th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Ugh, and here's me not five minutes before reading that thinking I'll go to Salmon Butte this week. I need to learn to teleport into places without worrying about the car.

boquillas

Re: Salmon Butte 791 - Trailhead advisory

Post by boquillas » November 21st, 2019, 8:50 am

That's my glass! At least some of it. My mushroom foraging spot is up on the butte so giving up parking there is a concession I am very unwilling to make. In the past I have left the glove box open, doors unlocked and put signs in the window saying, "UNLOCKED & EMPTY". This time I was coming back from a mindfulness meditation retreat and was unfortunately less paranoid than usual. I will take the opportunity to say that State Farm covered it 100% and had a contractor at my apt the next day to change the windows.