Mt Adams North

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
drm

Re: Mt Adams North

Post by drm » July 28th, 2019, 6:10 am

Seems like people in Seattle, and just about anywhere, don't know anything about Adams except the South Climb, which probably gets 90% of all the visits to Mt Adams.

ras_pdx

Post by ras_pdx » August 5th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Has anyone been back up there recently? Considering a backpack there later this week but I'll head someplace else if the skeeters are thick.

Naturebat

Post by Naturebat » August 5th, 2019, 11:27 pm

ras_pdx wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 8:49 pm
Has anyone been back up there recently? Considering a backpack there later this week but I'll head someplace else if the skeeters are thick.
I was up at Horseshoe Meadow (via the PCT), and explored an area off-trail above the Bumper about 3 weeks ago. No snow above the PCT. Minimal mosquitos, although bug spray was still needed to keep them off. Definitely not thick on the west side. The north side (High Camp/Killen Creek Meadows), I'd imagine will have tons of skeeters at this time, though. Wildflowers were starting to bloom, particularly Indian Paintbrush and Arnica. Asters were forming buds. Lupines still didn't have any buds yet. PCT had minimal blowdowns between Williams Mine TH and Horseshoe Meadow.
- Previously ElementalFX

drm

Post by drm » August 6th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Few mosquitoes, lots of flies.